Hey there fellow bloggers. As my second post I figured what better than to share my top 10 favorite/most used beauty products as I have a feeling they will be featured a lot here.
I want to start with my skin care top favorites as that is typically the first step when getting ready in the morning. Not to mention its a vital part of keeping your skin looking and feeling young and fresh. I will begin by saying that my skin is BEYOND sensitive, combination/oily in the summer, and combination/dry in the winter (Minnesota will do that). These are my tried and true products for any season.
1. Clarisonic Mia 2– OMG this thing was the best investment I have made! My skin was very temperamental before, dry from the nose down and oily from the nose up. It has helped harmonize my entire face! My “adult blemishes” have subsided, and my over all complexion has become more even and smooth. From the very first use I noticed a difference. I have heard some people say that this gave them the “break out” phase before it actually began working, I did not notice that at all. I use the gentle or sensitive cleansing heads, as I have heard the others are very rough on the skin.
Side note I do not use this everyday, I alternate between the Clarisonic and the Olay 4 in 1 daily facial cloths (see #2).
2. Olay Foaming Face Wash in Sensitive– Ok so I am going to cheat a bit here and include 2 things. First would be the Olay Foaming Face Wash, which I use EVERYDAY no matter what! It goes on my Clarisonic and again afterwards- on my hands, to make sure I got my eye makeup off. I feel like I have tried so many different face washes and this one just works! Not too strong and not too weak to where you don’t feel clean. It’s just perfect! I will never stray!
The second part to this is the Olay 4 in 1 Foaming Facial cloths in Sensitive (surprise surprise). I found this back in my early teens and WOW, what a great product. They are perfect for those days when you are feeling a bit sensitive to the elements, but still provide a nice exfoliation for removal of all the dead skin. As I mentioned above I alternate about every other day between this and my Clarisonic. Muah, love these things.
3. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion– For very dry to dry combination. This is one of those products I stole from my mother as a teen. I am sure almost everyone has tried it at one point because it is a great lotion! I wouldn’t say that I will never use anything else ever again.. but it’s that one I keep coming back to. Seriously hydrates the skin, perfect for dry conditions, and won’t leave you feeling like a grease ball in the summer. Right now its the one for me!
4. Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment– I don’t typically get breakouts anymore, or if I do they are small and I leave them be. But when I get that one, that one huge underlying mother of a pimple, I use this. You really only need the tiniest amount, and it really does work. I’ll put it on in the morning before I leave for work and by the time I get home I can already tell a difference.
5. M.A.C. Pro Longwear Concealer– This is another product I do not use everyday, but on days when I need a little help in the concealing department, its my best friend. Doesn’t leave you feeling cake-y, stays on all day, and really covers what you need covered. With my skin type it tends to take a beating, which leaves me looking a little on the red side in those sensitive areas, pro longwear helps cover those areas and doesn’t irritate the skin any further. Sometimes I even mix this with my foundation to help build up the coverage a bit. It does run on the pricey side for .30 FL OZ but lasts forever and is totally worth it in my book. BTW I am NW20.
6. KORRES Lip Butter in Guava– I bought 2 so I didn’t always have to reach in my purse as I was doing my makeup in the morning! That’s how good this stuff is… I don’t really know how else to describe it, just AMAZING.
7. CoverGirl Eye Enhancers 3-Kit Shadow in Shimmering Sands– So this is one of those products that I have been using since high school. I don’t use it everyday, but it is my go to pallet when I am going to work, or the beach, or out and about. I do use all 3 colors and it does give a very natural shimmery eye. Nothing bad to say about this! And its CHEAP!
8. Sephora Classic Line 24 Hour Eyeliner in Intense Black– Do you ever feel like you have tried everything on the market and nothing seems to work? That is how I feel about eyeliner. I have tried pencil, kohl, and gel.. I have always liked liquid because of the crisp clean line but could never find one that stayed all day (due to the oily top half of my face). So I picked this baby up just out of curiosity and fell in LOVE…❤ It’s a felt tip applicator BTW.
9. CoverGirl Professional Waterproof Mascara in 200 Very Black– Tried and true yet again, going back to my high school favorite. I have tried so many different mascara’s from high-end to drugstore and have literally thrown them away after one use. I could never seem to find anything that worked and stayed quite as well as this one. They either seemed to clump up my lashes, rub off on my eyelid or just under my eyes, or heck didn’t want to come off. I will try others in the future, but I certainly will not spend the money on high-end mascara’s because I personally don’t feel its worth it.
10. Urban Decay Setting Spray in All Nighter– I have just used up my bottle and need to go purchase a new one, so I figured this deserved a spot on my list. This would be my 3rd time repurchasing now and I just love the stuff! It really does set the makeup in place. Its like hairspray for your face!🙂 Sometimes I use it before applying my makeup for a little added staying power. It doesn’t leave your face feeling sticky and dries quickly if you are on the run, and to be completely honest it feels really good! However I think this time I am going to try the Oil Control Mist, just to switch things up!
Added bonus item..
11. Olay Wet Cleansing Towelettes in Sensitive– Again I have tried so many different facial wipes. Some that irritate, some that over dry, and some that leave you oily. This one is a perfect balance of cleanser/makeup remover and exfoliation. There are a few other brands that I want to try, but I can guarantee that I will have a back up on hand of these!
Well that is all, thank you for taking the time to read about my top 10 beauty products (if you made it though). If you have any suggestions of products for my skin type please let me know, I am always open to trying something out and reviewing it here.